Welcome to Wealthwood Gun Club
Notice: Conceal Carry Class is scheduled for Saturday, November 21, 2020, at the gun club. Class begins at 10:00 am. Both initial and renewals welcome. Register at Instructor's website: http://www.carrypermit.net. Contact Instructor or call gun club with any questions.
Meeting scheduled for December 12:
A Joint Board and General Member meeting will take place at 9:00 am. (This is a temporary change to meetings until COVID is no longer a threat to MN communities. Once the danger of passing the virus is reached, meetings will return to normal.)
Club's Winter Hours:
From November 16, 2020, to March 1, 2021 (Tentative)
(Weather Permitting - Call before coming out if unsure)Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summary of the Annual Members Banquet:
- We had a great turnout, even with the COVID restrictions that were put in place. The food was catered by the Deerstand and was as awesome as usual. There was a nice amount of Silent Auction items donated along with a few door prizes. A big "Thank you" goes out to the people and businesses that donated these items, and to those who generously bid on them.
- League Awards were presented by President George Carleton. Click here to see the list of winning teams, top guns, and team sponsors in each sport competition. Congratulations to all the teams.
- The Cash Raffle tickets were completely sold out! Thank you to evryone for selling them and for buying them. Congratulations to all the winners. Click here to see the list of Cash Raffle winners.
- The Annual October Meeting was short; given by President George Carleton. He gave a "State of the Club" report which indicated that, even though we were shutdown for a couple months in early Spring, we faired very well; we're actually better than we were last year at this time. I believe this is because of our gun club members, as they are the ones that make our club possible, and are the key to its success. The many volunteers, board members, participants, youth, and community give our club purpose. Thank you to everyone.
- The one open board position was also filled by Andy Schmaltz during the meeting. This fills all open board positions going into 2021.
Employment Opportunities: The club is seeking to fill two positions:
- Ron is stepping down from the Club Treasurer position at the end of this year. The position is open and needs to be filled as soon as possible to allow a good turnover to a new treasurer. Ron will help the selected candidate to get up and running with Quickbooks* used for club bookkeeping & accounting. A candidate should also have a working knowlege of MS Word, MS Excel, and Quickbooks 2020 software*. Ron is willing to help train someone between now and January on all the common reports and procedures needed weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. This position is paid a small monthly salary.
For information on either position, please contact the club durinig open club hours or call Ron at 218-251-8167. A job description and application can be emailed to you on request. Send to email@example.com to request the forms or to ask questions.
* Quickbooks and Office 2016 will be provided by the club and will be installed by the club's technical administrator. A laptop may be provided if needed.
New Fall 2020 Newsletter: Click here to view or download the newsletter as a PDF (New)
New Online Store is Coming Soon!
Around the 1st of the new year, members will be able to purchase t-shirts, jackets, caps, and memberships online. This includes renewing memberships as well. There will be a spot to donate to club programs and send gifts to others from the site. The store will use PayPal to process payments for purchases. You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay through them. You can logon as a guest to use a credit or debit care of your choice. If you have any questions, please email the webmaster for assistance.
"The purpose of this corporation shall be to improve, obtain and foster the conservation of all wildlife and to do such legitimate acts which may be advisable and necessary to encourage and promote the betterment of hunting, fishing, recreation and sporting conditions in the surrounding area; and to encourage and promote the development of all conservation activitiesin the same area; and to promote the responsible handling of firearms, improve marksmanship and provide a safe place to shoot; and to encourage greater participation of our youth in all worthy projects designed for the advancement of their knowledge and education; and to continue the education process into adult programs of this organization."
Wealthwood Gun Club, has provided a safe shooting environment since 1964. WGC is a local source for shooting sports (including high school trap), firearm safety training, hunter education, wild animal conservation, & family shooting fun that promotes responsible, safe use, and ownership of firearms. JOIN NOW, for family shooting fun and sports since 1964. Watch the calendar for special Family Fun Nights.
- PROVIDE FIREARM SAFETY EDUCATION FOR ALL AGES
- PROMOTE SHOOTING SPORTS & HUNTING TRADITIONS
- SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY - VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- ENJOY MEMBER BENEFITS SUCH AS LOWER SHOOTING FEES
Please consider donating funds to promote Youth Education Programs, Club Activities, and High School Shooting Leagues. Wealthwood Gun Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit and your donation is tax-deductible. A receipt can be provided to you for your donation upon request.
Thank you for your support in providing youth firearm safety and shooting sports education to promote and protect our shooting sports & hunting traditions along with our 2nd Amendment rights.