All new instructor applicants and instructors seeking recertification must meet the requirements of being at least 18 years old and passing a Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) background check. All applicants for any of the DNR safety programs must also complete a volunteer instructor application, BCA POR form, a volunteer agreement and attend a volunteer instructor training course. There is no fee to attend. During the instructor training, applicants will learn about policy and procedures, teaching concepts, use of training aids and youth classroom training techniques.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Attend an Instructor Clinic
- Pass a BCA background application check
- Be approved from their local Conservation Officer
- Valid Driver’s License
- DNR Firearms Safety Certification required (Firearms Safety Instructors) HunterCourse.com - take the course and print out your score or test results... You do NOT need to pay for a completion voucher.
Contact your regional training officer to register for the class.
Visit the DNR Instructor Training Information page at the DNR Website.